Competition:Closed for the 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom applies: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only Canadian organizations can submit applications with respect to applicants. They could elect to set their particular interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America as well as the Caribbean with short-term change possibilities for research or research, in Canada, during the college, undergraduate and graduate amounts.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil change agreements between Canadian and Latin American or Caribbean organizations. These agreements are manufactured between colleges, technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Pupils, hereby known as “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils within their home organization during the time of application and through the entire extent of these research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian institutions that are post-secondary
Canadian organizations are:
- in charge of submitting applications with respect to qualified applicants from organizations in Latin America and also the Caribbean; and
- motivated to advertise this scholarship possibility to faculty and staff users, along with to partner organizations in Latin America while the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective prospects:
- should determine a person that is single for the management regarding the share contract and another individual with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share financing from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Prospects enthusiastic about this scholarship system should contact their property institution to:
- make their attention known;
- determine if there was a current institutional collaboration or trade contract by having a Canadian organization; and
- demand information on the program procedure and selection requirements certain to your Canadian institution and offer any extra information, such as for example transcripts, language test outcomes, a study task and a enrollment type for the change system.
Chosen prospects ought to:
- make certain that they match the needs associated with the institution that is canadian scholastic needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the institution that is canadiangenerally speaking a research license is necessary for program work and a work license is necessary for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits with their home organization just as their Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni associated with the system through their house organization for advice and a neighborhood viewpoint on the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are required to return to accomplish their studies at their property institutions upon conclusion of this scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to ensure or explore institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their worldwide workplaces;
- determine strong scholastic prospects who meet with the admission demands for the Canadian partner organization;
- supply the applicants’ papers into the Canadian partner organization, which will be accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra linguistic training, academic upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by Global Affairs Canada through its title that is legal Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The Canadian organization will receive capital from DFATD for many effective applicants in the shape of a share contract and will also be accountable for supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for no less than four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to half a year of research or research.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds into the scholarship receiver to play a role in the costs that are following
- visa and/or study/work permit costs;
- airfare, for the scholarship receiver only, to Canada because of the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion for the scholarship;
- medical insurance;
- cost of living, such as for example accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground public transportation, including a general public transportation pass; and
- publications and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems along with other gear.
re Payment procedure
At the mercy of the conditions and terms associated with the Contribution Agreement, financing are going to be disbursed by way of a cheque granted towards the Canadian organization upon getting the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the institution that is canadian coincide with all the arrival associated with the scholarship recipients to Canada.